What you will need:
- 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries, drained
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup chocolate frosting
- 24 maraschino cherries with stems, drained on paper towels (from two 10-oz. jars, these are to top off the cookie)
*Line 24 miniature muffin cups with paper baking cups, or spray with cooking spray.
*Make cookie dough by blending cookie mix, cherries, oil, cherry juice, almond extract and egg until soft dough forms.
*Spoon dough into each muffin cup filling each about 3/4 full.
*Bake at 350°F 12 to 14 minutes or until dough is set. Cool 20 minutes. Remove from pan. Place cookies on cooling racks.
*Heat 3/4 cup of frosting on High for 30 seconds; stir. Dip tops of cookies into frosting. Allow to set about 1 minute; top each bite with cherry.
Hope you Enjoy~ Please leave any comments or feedback, I would love to hear from everyone! Thanks!