Monday, April 29, 2013

Get to know us... (Justin & Brooke)

I thought it would be fun for you to get to know more about my family. I decided to start off the week getting to know me and my husband. From the time we were in Jr High we lived right around the corner from each other. I was 14 and Justin was 16 when his friends starting telling me that Justin "liked" me. We started hanging out more, hanging out turned into dating, and well.. I can honestly say I married my high school sweetheart! We dated for a couple years and then Justin left for 2 years to serve a mission in Durban South Africa. It was such a bitter-sweet moment for both of us, but definetly knew it was for the best! I knew when he got home I wanted to marry him. While Justin was serving his mission I graduated from high school and started my life "in the real world!" After 2 years of waiting around for my prince the day finally came. On August 4, 2007 I had never been so nervous in my life. I was waiting at the airport with his family feeling like I was going to pass out and/or vomit at any minute. He looked just as good as I remembered coming down the escalator towards us. We easily got re-adjusted back into the real world. We started dating again and things were even better then before. We dated for 4 months and on Christmas morning we got engaged (one of the best days of my life!) We got busy planning for our BIG day and on June 21, 2008 we were married (another one of the best days of my life!) We knew right away we wanted to have kids and after 9 months of trying we found out I was pregnant with my first baby girl Brynlee (more about her coming soon!) Once Brynlee turned 1 we started trying for baby #2. I have a lot of female problems and don't ever know how long it will take so we didn't want to waste time! ( I will go into more detail on that the next couple days when I talk about my girls.) After a little over a year of trying we found out we were pregnant with our second baby girl Ellie ( more about her coming soon!) Justin and I love our two little girls and couldn't be any happier. Justin enjoys hunting,"fixing things", spending time as a family, boating, and any sports. I Enjoy being a wife, mom, cooking, baking, making sure my house is always clean, creating, decorating, being outside, swimming, going on vacation, shopping for a great deal, any Holiday (especially Halloween and Christmas) and just being around my sweet little family! We both have started living a healthier life, eating better and working out together (much easier doing it with your best friend!) Check out our detox and healthy eating tips. One of our dreams is to get back to South Africa so Justin can show me around, ONE DAY! We will be celebrating five years of marriage in Las Vegas this June and we are both looking forward to it. We don't have too much to complain about... life has been pretty good to us both! Hope you enjoy these pictures!
 
Dating Before Justin's Mission
 
Justin serving in South Africa
(my favorite pictures are with all the sweet kids)
 
Airport (seeing each other for the first time in 2 years)
 
Dating after...
 
The day we got engaged
 
Our engagement pictures
 
Our Wedding

 
Our honeymoon in Miami
 
Baby Brynlee (more about her coming soon!)
 
Baby Ellie (more about her coming soon!)
 
 
As always Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave any comments or questions for me, I love to see them!
 
 
XOXO Brooke
 

6 comments:

  1. Brooke your family is adorable!! I loved reading about you and your cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two look cute together where do you live if you ask me i live in the UK Mansfield

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brooke,

    Totally love your blog... served with your hubby in Durban(gr8 guy indeed) ...I so related to your story (having also been diagnosed with Endometriosis) and a host of other female problems but after 5 yrs managed to have a son ... u have a lovely family ...

    ReplyDelete