Saturday, April 20, 2013

Surviving Sleepovers: My little girls very first sleepover

Last night my 3 year old Brynlee had her very first sleepover with her cousin Hunter. They were both so excited. Brynlee woke up Friday morning asking if it was almost time for Hunter to be here (so you can imagine how my day was until 5:00) I took Brynlee to the store to pick dinner. She chose a gourmet meal consisting of corn dogs, french fries and fruit (at least she wanted some fruit right?) Then she chose treats and drinks. That got her so excited for the sleepover.

A couple tips to survivng sleepovers? My first tip would be letting your kids choose the dinner, treats etc... it made Brynlee feel like it was her sleepover and she planned it! My second tip would be just let them have fun and be wild they are going to be either way so you might as well embrass it! My third tip is have lots of ideas for them to do. A 3 and 6 year old change their minds alot. Brynlee and Hunter Played Candy Land, Go Fish, Disneyland Adventures on the Kinect, hide and seek, and grocery store! We ate treats and watched Matilda and Cop and A Half (oldies but goodies) We made a comfy bed on the floor and I was excited when both agreed it was so fun to have me at the "sleepover" too! My fourth tip is to have a fun breakfast. We made them Mickey and Minnie pancakes that put a smile on both their faces.

I would have to say our fist sleepover was a success! We had lots of fun!








Please feel free to leave comments and feedback. I would LOVE to hear from all my viewers.
Thanks!

XOXO Brooke

2 comments: