Friday, May 3, 2013

Family Favorite... Cowboy Cookies

I figured since this week has been mostly about getting to know me and my family I would share our favorite family cookie recipe. It doesn't matter (rain or shine) these cookies will light up your life! They are so yummy, something everyone enjoys, and definitely most requested dessert at our house. A secret family recipe that has never been revealed, until NOW! 

Cowboy Cookies:
 
What you will need:

1 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups quick oatmeal
1 package chocolate chips

Directions:
Cream sugars and shortening. Add vanilla and eggs. Add dry ingredients.
Add oatmeal, and chocolate chips.
Bake at 350* for 10 minutes.




Try them this weekend and let me know how much you enjoyed them!
YOU CAN THANK ME LATER!

As always thanks for stopping by, I appreciate it! Please feel free to leave any comments I love reading them! Have a great weekend!

If you missed getting to know my family this week...
Click here to get to know me and Justin.
Click here for Brynlee.
Click here for Ellie.

 


XOXO Brooke


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you dropped by my blog. It sounds like you've been through a lot!. Hope you continue to blog because it's a nice outlet for many moms. I've been blogging since 2008!

    ReplyDelete