Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mexican Fiesta Layered Salad

This Salad is perfect for the summer time, in fact all salads are great in the summer especially for cook outs!
I made this last week for a cook out at my grandma's house and it was a crowd pleaser. I am always a little hesitant to try out new recipes for a big group of people. Luckily everyone loved it. They were asking what was in it and how I made it so I thought I would share...
 
What You Will Need:
                
                1 box Betty Crocker Suddenly Salad classic pasta salad mix            
  3 tablespoons water
       2 tablespoons vegetable oil           
1 can (15 oz.) black beans drained and rinsed
1 can (15 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
4 cups torn romaine lettuce
   1 containers (12 oz) refrigerated guacamole dip
1 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend 
1 can (2 1/4 oz.) sliced olives, drained
6 cherry tomatoes cut into halves (more or less if you want)
1 bag of tortilla chips
 
                             Empty Pasta mix into 3-quart saucepan 2/3 full of boiling water. Boil uncovered 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.Drain pasta; rinse with cold water.
Shake to drain well.
In medium bowl, stir together seasoning mix, oil and water.
Stir in pasta, beans and corn.
In 4-quart salad bowl or 13x9-inch glass baking dish, layer lettuce and pasta mixture. Spread guacamole evenly over top. Sprinkle with cheese and tomatoes; top with olives.
 Just before serving, arrange chips around edge of bowl. Serve immediately, or refrigerate.
 

I arranged chips in the bowl but also served the salad with tortilla chips. I think it made it even yummier that way.
 
This salad doesn't just go with a Mexican themed dinner. It tasted great with our chicken sandwiches. I know it would be delicious with just a simple hamburger or hot dog as well.
Give it a try and let me know how you enjoyed it.
 
As always thanks for stopping by. Please leave comments, I love reading them.
 
 
 
XOXO Brooke

2 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous! I love things that dress up pre-packaged stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and yes I agree! This sure makes for a pretty looking, and easy salad!

      Delete